For a full list of our open positions please visit our career site: careers-ipp.icims.com
Do you think of your pet as a member of the family? If so, then we have a lot in common! Like you, we are extremely devoted to our pets and only want the best for them. We are a community of true pet lovers with shared interests and values. We are professionally committed to being your resource for all aspects of pet ownership including health and nutrition, training, grooming and the latest in general pet care. As a Groomer, you help make a difference in the lives of pets by providing customers with an upscale pet styling experience to improve the look and feel of a pet’s physical appearance. Depending on the incumbent’s professional grooming experience, level of role and scheduling, the following grooming services may be performed: bathing, brushing, blow drying, de-matting, cutting or trimming hair/fur, gland expression, brushing teeth, nail clipping and grinding, and other specialty services.
The incumbent must be able to perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Complete superior grooms (e.g., bathing, brushing, blow drying, de-matting, cutting or trimming hair/ fur, gland expression, teeth brushing, nail clipping and grinding, and other specialty services) • Provide a thorough hands-on pet check-in and check-out process for each pet and pet parent • Use good judgment and alert pet parent of any anomalies that a dog may have • Actively engage pet parents and pets, share product knowledge, and educate pet parents • Authentically offer enhancements to meet our pet’s and pet parent’s specific needs to support the growth of the business • Always treat all pets and pet parents with kindness, respect, and proper handling • Positively interact with pet parents in-person, via email, text, and phone providing them with proactive communication and exceptional service • Actively engage pet parents to continue to grow the business • Maintain a clean, safe work environment • Rebook with pet parents to ensure timely, holistic care to promote pet wellness • Other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years or older
- Professional experience in pet grooming • Grooming tools and equipment in good working condition • Passion for dog grooming and the well-being of pets • Knowledgeable in breed standard grooms • Skills in scissoring, general cleaning, nail trimming, styling, and all other pet grooming functions • Willingness to be educated about the products and services offered • Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require evening and weekend shifts • Exceptional active-listening and customer service skills • Good time management skills • Grooming certification preferred
- Position requires person to be both indoors and outdoors (to assist with customer carry out) • Must be able to stand 8 hours per day with or without a reasonable accommodation • Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis with or without a reasonable accommodation • Must be comfortable working with a wide variety of animals including small and large dogs • Must be able to work around pet hair and dander
Why should you join our team?
Full-time team members enjoy the following:
Programs and benefit eligibility will vary based on average hours worked and length of service.
- Growth opportunities! Be sure to ask about our Store Manager In Training and Groomer Coach/Mentor programs • PTO (paid time off) – 2 weeks in first year, 3 weeks in second year • Paid Parental Leave and Paw-Ternity (paid Pet Adoption bonding time) • Medical, dental, and vision insurance • Health Savings Account (HSA)/ Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – medical and dependent care • 401(k) Program • Greatly discounted, employer-subsidized pet insurance • Generous discounts on goods and services • $25K life insurance policy (employer paid) • Short and Long-term disability (employer paid) • Employee Assistance Program/ 24X7 – completely confidential • Focus on quality vs. quantity AND humanity vs. vanity
Up to $1,500 Hiring Bonus Potential!
Hiring bonus potential is evaluated based on test groom performance, it is not guaranteed with offer of employment.
50% commission v Supplemental Rate
Supplemental rate is subject to change depending on State/City/County minimums.
IPP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. IPP recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or citizenship status.
(Submitted March 24, 2023)
Chuck & Don’s
8450 City Centre Drive
Woodbury, Minnesota 55125